Wednesday, August 27, 2008

summertime and the living is easy

I went to Boston and Cape Cod. I took pictures. I had a birthday. I went to Fenway. I took pictures. Words (and pictures) will follow. If I ever get around to it.

I belatedly celebrated my birthday over the weekend at the Giants game. 12 of my closest friends (and little Sophia) came out and watched the Giants beat the Padres for their 4th victory in a row. We had nosebleed seats but the view on such a clear day was incredible.


IMG_6133


And they surprised me with this in the 4th inning.

beedaygiants1
best.gift.ever.


After the game we went across the bay to Fenton's for ice cream sundaes and grilled cheese sammies.


IMG_6167

IMG_6168


Jewels and Cy were kind enough to drive me back into the city to drop me off at the Bus Stop to meet up with some other friends out celebrating another birthday. I felt bad, cause just as we were crossing the Bay Bridge Sophie started screaming her head off and didn't stop for the rest of the ride. Clearly she had enough of being out all day.

I ended up having a great time. My sister and John came and met us and we headed home after grabbing some late night grub. We settled for some slices that were the equivalent to a quarter of a large pizza.

A great birthday celebration, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...people really shouldn't be allowed to post pictures of ice cream like that where others can see them. I desperately feel the need to drive to Piedmont now. (Deep breath, deep breath....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those have got to be the biggest ice cream sundaes I've ever seen. Mmm...

    Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete