Thursday, January 05, 2006

Fony?

Big business is finding more creative ways to catch your attention, and perhaps more importantly, your money. Or should I say desperate? (No one wants to look desperate.)

First came Starbucks', shall we say, innovative holiday marketing campaign in SF, now Sony is attempting to appeal to the city masses by using graffiti artists to create "street art" to promote its PSP.

from Wired.com

Of more interest to me is that critics of this campaign are grafitti-ing over Sony's ads as a way to express their disapproval.

from Wired.com

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I have to say, I hate the PSP TV ads I've seen. They're just annoying. In fact, I only own a PSP to play whatever Metal Gear games come along and Lumines.

    PS -

    I'm sure you're aware of this, but have you seen this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics B! I need some photo lessons sometime soon. Also, our favorite smoker/buddha belly frequenter is going to be on Scrubs as an ostrich farmer. Bloop-Bloop (Tivo Noises)! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting...I would have loved to have seen the meeting about that proposal at the ad agency and then the Sony executives all jumping up and down thinking that sounded soooo coool...

    ReplyDelete