Wednesday, January 11, 2006

what's the futurama of 'AD?'

I don't usually get my news from "Salt Lake City Weekly," but they have a decent article on (what else) but 'Arrested Development.'

Of particular interest to me was this gem:

"And how bizarre is this: Matt Groening’s Futurama, which was canceled by Fox sometime in 2003 (exactly when is hard to tell, since the last episodes sporadically leaked onto the air seemingly by accident during the final season), is in the process of being negotiated back into “limited” production after scoring insane rerun numbers on the Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim and selling millions of DVD sets—now and forever known as Family Guy Syndrome. Best of all, the new Futuramas may not necessarily air on Fox, even though they couldn’t possibly fuck it up a second time … right?"

To borrow a phrase, "What the deuce (is wrong with Fox)?"

1 comment:

  1. I bought all the DVDs so far and watched them like three times including the commentary! I am so sad for my little Michael Bluth.

    ReplyDelete