Tuesday, March 21, 2006

craptop

Greetings from my sister's laptop.

Why?

Because mine *sniff sniff* is Broken, with a capital B.

On Saturday I tried to remove the adaptor from the back of the laptop to use it in another room, only to find it pretty darn stuck. I finally was able to remove it, and realized that the little plastic bit on the end seemed to be...melting. I know my laptop runs hot, but sheesh! Last night it seemed hotter than usual and I again removed the adaptor and found it really melted. It's only a year and a half old, fer cryin' out loud. Thankfully I had the foresight to buy the extra warranty, so I took it into Best Buy last night and had them order me a new adaptor. I went back today after backing up as much as I could last night before the battery died and decided to have it sent it for repair.

I nearly panicked when the guy told me I'd be without it for three to six weeks. Three to six weeks may as well be a lifetime with my level of internet usage! My sister kindly offered up her laptop (after I asked, of course) for the duration in exchange for a free dinner. A free dinner! That's all! And to think I offered to buy her an iPod shuffle.

My issue with this whole ordeal is that I don't have a lot of faith in Best Buy's extended warranty program. What with them losing her camera and what these two went through with their TV, Best Buy has a lot to live down in this department. I'm hoping I can report back that Best Buy came through with flying colors.

At any rate, I'm glad to have a way to satisfy my internet addiction.

3 comments:

  1. oh yeah...i would freak if my laptop konked out on me...yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I puked a little at your story. The thought of being without my computer sends shivers down my spine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computers are so troublesome sometimes. Thanbkfully, the little gnome that lives inside mine has been very nice to me lately. =)

    ReplyDelete