Tuesday, March 21, 2006

craptop

Greetings from my sister's laptop.

Why?

Because mine *sniff sniff* is Broken, with a capital B.

On Saturday I tried to remove the adaptor from the back of the laptop to use it in another room, only to find it pretty darn stuck. I finally was able to remove it, and realized that the little plastic bit on the end seemed to be...melting. I know my laptop runs hot, but sheesh! Last night it seemed hotter than usual and I again removed the adaptor and found it really melted. It's only a year and a half old, fer cryin' out loud. Thankfully I had the foresight to buy the extra warranty, so I took it into Best Buy last night and had them order me a new adaptor. I went back today after backing up as much as I could last night before the battery died and decided to have it sent it for repair.

I nearly panicked when the guy told me I'd be without it for three to six weeks. Three to six weeks may as well be a lifetime with my level of internet usage! My sister kindly offered up her laptop (after I asked, of course) for the duration in exchange for a free dinner. A free dinner! That's all! And to think I offered to buy her an iPod shuffle.

My issue with this whole ordeal is that I don't have a lot of faith in Best Buy's extended warranty program. What with them losing her camera and what these two went through with their TV, Best Buy has a lot to live down in this department. I'm hoping I can report back that Best Buy came through with flying colors.

At any rate, I'm glad to have a way to satisfy my internet addiction.

2 comments:

  1. oh yeah...i would freak if my laptop konked out on me...yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computers are so troublesome sometimes. Thanbkfully, the little gnome that lives inside mine has been very nice to me lately. =)

    ReplyDelete